I am Vlad Petrescu, a hard-working Digital Designer with creative thinking and user experience design abilities.
I am 31 years old and live in Eastern Europe, Romania, Bucharest. Simplicity is my middle name.
With 5+ years experience in digital and print, including art direction, I’m currently working remote as a User Interface & User Experience designer for Insurance Supermarket Inc., a Canadian financial services company operating nation-wide. Besides my full-time commitments, I work as a freelancer with a selective clients base to create amazing products and solutions.
I am a quick learner who can absorb new ideas and can communicate clearly and effectively.
See my experience on LinkedIn
When I am not designing, I am probably traveling, listening to music or craving a new pair of sneakers. Addicted to everything that’s fast, loud and beautiful. Basically, car nuts.
Insurance Supermarket Inc. Canada
Mar 2018 – Present – Remote
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- UX researchers define who our users are by examining their behaviors, activities, obligations, needs, and environment.
- Visual Designer: focuses on typography, layout, colour, graphics, visual effects, imagery, texture, mood
- Information Architect: focuses on tasks such as how to organise site content, how search should work, what labels to use on menus
- Thinking creatively and developing new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Working with Marketing department to determine their requirements
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
Jun 2017 – Mar 2018
- Design intuitive, human-centric flows and experiences on web and mobile
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers, product managers, marketing and engineers
- Use research and qualitative data to guide design and development decisions
- Analyze the success of our solutions and iterate
- Contribute to the visual design of our patterns and design system
- Present work and use design to build alignment and influence product direction
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product and executive teams
Oval 360 Advertising
Feb 2016 – Jun 2017
- Working closely with the copywriter and creative director to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil the client’s brief
- Meeting with the creative director and account managers for debriefieng before presenting ideas to clients
- Determine how best to represent a concept or a project visually
- Producing designs, concepts, simulations based on creative visions and ideas
- Understanding marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
May 2014 – Feb 2016
- Creating original and effective graphic designs, all customized for a vast number of personalization apps.
- Designing for various popular apps from around the Internet, starting with keyboard themes, to locker and live wallpaper themes, phone dialer layouts and resources for web
- Collaborating with product management and developers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final design
- Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and the rest of the team
Jul 2012 – May 2014
Graphic Designer / DTP
- Meeting clients to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the design
- Estimating the time required and the budget to complete the work
- Developing design briefs that suit the client’s purpose
- Find and edit graphics, such as photographs or illustrations
- Check proofs, or preliminary layouts, for errors and make corrections
- Preparing the files for print